This month Tim’s technique was how to create a chalkboard effect using Ranger’s Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder and Chalk. It’s a fun and simple technique that inspired me to make this plaque!
- Archival Ink Pad –Jet Black
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Heat it Craft Tool
- Ranger Embossing Pen
- Ranger Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder
- Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection – Worn Text, Mini cirque Alphabet
Sketch Elements, and Valentine Silhouettes with Grid Blocks
Tim Holtz ideaology Design Ruler
- Choose a saying and some design elements. Stamp the saying and elements onto scrap paper in black ink and cut out the words and elements individually. Use these pieces to figure out the placement.
- Working on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet, stamp saying with Distress Embossing Ink and heat emboss with Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder one line at a time. I stamped one line at a time and put the powder on, and melted the powder at the end.
- Use the embossing pen and ruler to draw a line and then make a dot every ¼”. Emboss with Frosted Crystal.
- Follow Tim’s instructions here for using the white chalk to color the image, but do not put any chalk over the hearts yet.
- Go over the hearts with pink chalk.
- Spray with workable fixative in a well-ventilated area, and once dry place in frame.