This month Tim inspired me to make this fun tag based on a catchy 80′s song. I know it brings back memories to a lot of you. Now you’ll probably be singing it all day long. Some of you will probably curse me for doing that. But for others it will bring a smile across your face. Which one are you?
Don’t forget to visit the Ranger blog for more inspirational tags.
#10 Kraft Tag
Tim Holtz Distress Pads- Fired Brick, Barn Door, Aged Mahogany and Walnut
Tim Holtz Distress Stains-Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick
Tim Holtz Distress Paint-Picket Fence
Tim Holtz Adirondack Mixative – Silver
Alcohol Ink Tool with Felt
Blending Tool with Foam
Metal Foil Tape
UTEE-Black and White
Black and White Accents
Heat it Craft Tool
Non-Stick Craft Sheet
Tim Holtz idea-ology-Grungeboard, Alphaparts Newsprint, Facets, Jump Rings,
Crinkle Ribbon, Trinket Pins
Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix-Vagabond Machine, Vintage Telephone Bigz
Die, Alphabetical Strip Die, Brick Wall Texture Fade
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Stamp Sets: Love Struck and joyful
- Fill a type charm with some Black and White Accents. Set aside to dry.
- Emboss #10 Kraft Tag in Brick Wall Texture Fade.
- Using an Ink Blending Tool and Foam color background with Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.
- Ink edges with Walnut Stain using the blending tool and foam.
- Use Walnut Stain Distress Ink to stamp the cracks from the Joyful Song stamp set.
- Spritz tag with water from the Mister bottle.
- Cut Vintage Telephone from Grungeboard using the Vagabond Machine.
- Cut apart the receiver from the phone. Then cut about 3/4″ from the middle of the receiver and tape on the back with Wonder Tape to piece it back together.
- Lightly dab the Newsprint Numbers with Silver Mixative using Alcohol Ink Tool with Felt. Adhere to the left edge of the tag as shown.
- Paint the phone with Black Gesso. While still wet, place the phone on a piece of scrap paper and pour Black UTEE over top. Remove the excess and move the piece onto a Non-Stick Craft Sheet and heat until melted. Let cool. Add another layer of UTEE by swiping the Embossing Dabber over the entire diecut, move the piece onto scrap paper and heat with Craft Tool until melted.
- Repeat the same process with the phone dial using White Gesso and White UTEE. Let cool and glue a piece of black cardstock to the back of the dial with a Collage Glue Stick.
- Coil a black twist tie for the phone cord.
- Dab some Silver Mixative on the phone and cord.
- Adhere the cord to both pieces of the phone diecut with glue dots.
- Attach phone and dial with Pop it Shapes.
- Cut out the letters from Metal Foil Tape Sheets using the Alphabetical Die. and then dab with Picket Fence Distress Paint.
- Paint Crinkle Ribbon with Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick Distress Stains. Speed dry with Heat Tool.
- Use Jet Black Archival Ink to Stamp the Love definition repeatedly across the length of the ribbon. Attach the stamped ribbon and black and white ribbon to the top of the tag.
- On a small piece of red cardstock, stamp heart with Jet Black and write “Be Mine” with a Black Soot Distress Marker.
- Apply some Glossy Accents to the back of the charm and adhere to the stamped heart. Let dry and cut off excess cardstock. Attach to trinket pin with jump ring.
- Once type charm is dry attach to trinket pin with jump ring.