Tim made two different tags this month and it was a tough choice for me on which technique to use. I finally decided to make this fun tag using his colored tissue wrap technique. Here’s what I made.
- Inkssentials Surfaces – #10 Kraft Tag
- Inkssentials Surfaces – Gloss Paper
- Tim Holtz® Distress Stains – Bundled Sage, Tarnished Brass
- Tim Holtz ® Distress Pads – Festive Berries, Bundled Sage and Brushed Corduroy
- Inkssentials™ Ink Blending Tool and Foam
- Tim Holtz® Distress Stickles – Clear Rock Candy and Fired Brick
- Liquid Pearls – Rouge, White Opal, Ivy Green and Bisque
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Brush
- Stickles™ Glitter Glue – Diamond
- Black Embossing Powder
- Inkssentials™ Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Inkssentials™ Heat it™ Craft Tool
- Inkssentials™ Pop it™ Shapes
- Inkssentials™ Collage Glue Stick
- Tim Holtz® idea-ology® Grungeboard, Mélange Tissue Wrap, Sanding Grip and Red Tinsel Twine
- Tim Holtz® Alterations by Sizzix® Stocking Stuffer Bigz and Festive Greenery Decorative Strip Dies
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz® Collection Stamp Sets: Retro Holiday and Christmas Time
- Core’dinations Kraft Core Cardstock
Other: Black Tulle, Cellophane and 1-1/6” Circle Punch
- Die cut the Stocking and Candy Cane from Grungeboard, and Holly leaves from Green cardstock.
- Sand the Holly Leaves and ink the edges with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. Set aside
- Paint the Candy Cane with Red and White Opal Liquid Pearls. Set Aside to dry.
- Punch out a circle from Gloss paper. Paint with Ivy Green and White Opal Liquid Pearls. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a small rectangle from Grunge board. Paint with Bisque Liquid Pearls. Set asside to dry.
- Paint Stocking trim and foot and heel pieces with White Opal Liquid Pears. Set aside to dry.
- Glue tissue wrap to stocking with glue stick. Wipe Festive Berries ink over the top to color the entire stocking. Spread Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles over the top. Set aside to dry.
- Place some puddles of Bundled Sage and Tarnished Brass Distress Stains on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Swipe the Kraft tag through the stains until it is fully covered. Dry with the Heat It Craft Tool.
- Stamp Season’s Greetings with Black Soot Ink and heat Emboss with Black Embossing Powder.
- Stamp the starbursts randomly on the tag with Bundled Sage Ink.
- Glue stocking pieces together and spread some Rock Candy Stickles over the entire stocking. Set aside to dry.
- Ink Candy Cane, Peppermint Candy and gift box with Brushed Corduroy Ink on a Blending Tool with foam. Wrap cellophane around peppermint. Add Tinsel Twine to the gift.
- Ink the stocking with Brushed Corduroy Ink on a Blending Tool with foam. Glue on holly leaves.
- Adhere Stocking to tag with Pop it Shapes, leaving it unglued where you are going to insert the treats. Glue in the Candy Cane and gift with Wonder Tape and adhere the mint with pop it shapes.
- Use Fired Brick Stickles to make holly berries.
- Apply Diamond Stickles to accent the stamped starbursts.
- Once the tag is dry, ink the edges with Black Soot ink and tie some black tulle to the top.