Here is my take on Tim’s November Tag. I used Metallic Stains with his technique to give it an industrial feel.
- Tim Holtz® Metallic Distress Stains – Tarnished Brass, Antiqued Bronze and Brushed Pewter
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads -Brushed Corduroy, Salty Ocean
- Inkssentials™ Surfaces – #8 Black and Kraft Tag
- Emboss it Ink – Clear
- Embossing Powder -Black and Clear
- Archival Ink – Jet Black
- Inkssentials™ Non-Stick Craft Sheet™
- Inkssentials™ Heat it™ Craft Tool
- Inkssentials™ Wonder Tape 1/8″
- Inkssentials™ Collage Glue Stick
Tim Holtz® Idea-ology File Tabs, Sprocket Gears, Ball Chain, Gem Clips
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz® Collection Stamp Sets: Rockstar and Remnants
Newsprint, Kraft Iron, Scissors, Wire Cutters
- Working on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet, stamp the word background stamp from the Remnants set with Clear Emboss it Ink onto the Black Tag.
- Place Tag on a piece of newsprint paper and sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder over the top of the stamped image. Remove excess powder onto the newsprint and return to the jar.
- Melt embossing powder with the Heat it Craft Tool. Let cool.
- Use randomly color the background with the three Metallic Stains.
- Fold a piece of newsprint in half. Place the tag inside the folded newsprint and use the craft iron to melt the embossing powder off of the tag onto the newsprint.
- Stamp the cityscape stamp from the Rockstar set onto the very bottom of the Kraft Tag with Clear Embossing Ink.
- Place tag on a piece of newsprint and sprinkle Black Embossing Powder over the top of the stamped image. Remove excess powder onto the newsprint and return to the jar.
- Melt embossing powder with the Heat it Craft Tool. Let cool and cut out image.
- Color in the image with the Silver Metallic Stain and wipe the excess stain off of the black embossed image with a paper towel.
- Stamp stars across the top of the remaining portion of the Kraft Tag with Jet Black ink.
- Tear tag as shown and use an Ink Blending Tool with Foam and Brushed Corduroy to ink the edges. Then repeat with Salty Ocean. Grazes the edges with Silver Distress Stain and glue to the top of the tag.
- Glue gears onto the tag with Wonder Tape. Cut the gem off the clip with wire cutters and adhere to the middle of the gears.
- Cut a piece of ball chain with the wire cutters and glue around the gem with Wonder Tape.
- Use the remainder of the Kraft Tag and tear a background for the cityscape. Ink the edges as described above. Glue the city onto the background.
- Attach file tab to the torn portion of the Kraft Tag as shown and glue onto the black tag.
- Attach the ball chain to the bottom of the tag with Wonder Tape.
Don’t forget to visit the Ranger Blog for more inspiration.